- This event has passed.
Ghalib & Dilli: The man, his poetry & beyond
December 19, 2021 at 9:30 am₹1100 – ₹1250
हैं और भी दुनिया में सुख़न-वर बहुत अच्छे
कहते हैं कि ‘ग़ालिब’ का है अंदाज़-ए-बयाँ और।
…and decades after he is physically gone, he lives on in our lives, hearts and souls.! Be it the leaders in Parliament, historians in their lectures or commoners like us – we all can’t stop ourselves from reciting Ghalib once in a while, knowingly and well, unknowingly too.!
The month of December brings with it the birthday of one of the most revered and iconic ‘shayar’ of recent times – Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib!l
The Shayar who loved Delhi, who lived and died in these lanes and left behind a legacy woven in his words..
And like every year, DBF & Parwaaz invite you to celebrate Ghalib!!
A Shahi Dawat of Ghalib’s favourites – Kebabs & more in a hearty meal at a beautiful locale in Old Delhi! But first we’ll do what we do best – A heritage Walk in the bewildering maze that is Purani Dilli following in the footsteps of Ghalib…
Join us for a mega event celebrating Ghalib and his Delhi traversing through the great Shayar’s life and times, his personality and poetry, the anecdotes of the Poet’s wit & humour and ‘Ghaliban’ everything Ghalib!
HIGHLIGHTS OF EVENT:
1) Heritage Walk in Old Delhi landmarks frequented by the great shayar and finally to Mirza Ghalib’s Haveli in Ballimaran.
2) Lunch at “Shahi Mehfil” – where history meets taste… for Ghalib’s favourite food and baithak.
3) Ghalib-nama – ‘Sher-o-Shayari’ Poetry recitation & discussion of finer nuances of the Poet’s legacy
4) Baet Baazi – A fun game stitched around Ghalib’s couplets
5) Ghalib ke Khatoot – Dramatized Reading of selected Ghalib’s Letters
DAY, DATE & TIME : SUN, 19 DEC, 9:30 AM
MEETING POINT : Chawri Bazaar Metro Stn ( Details will be shared once you register)
CHARGES: 1250/- per person for a heritage walk, poetry baithak and a sit-down lunch!
* Groups of four & more pay 1100/- per person
BOOK NOW: https://imjo.in/GNpEvX
1) The presentation will be done in ‘Hindi and Urdu’ and bits of English!
2) We have limited seating capacity, so prior booking is necessary.
3) Do wear a good pair of walking shoes or flip-flops.
4) Our city is choking on plastic waste, so we hope you will avoid buying branded bottled water off the streets & instead bring your own bottle of drinking water.